Once you have installed Nexetic on your Mac, guided setup starts automatically.
1. A new window will open. Fill in your username and password that you received via email.
2. Select your language - the options are English, French, Swedish, Finnish and Russian.
3. Accept the user license agreement and move forward by clicking Next.
4. By default all data on your computer will be backed up - except for system and program folders. Your Vendor / Support might also have excluded some additional folders or content types.
- Should you wish to exclude more data, you can do so by clicking the gear wheel - see the picture below.
- A new Exclusions window will appear and you can select any content and file types to be excluded from backup. When you have finished with the selection, close the window.
5. Should you wish to restore data at this point, you can do so by clicking the Restore button. After the data restore is completed, proceed by clicking Next.
TIP: If you are transferring your existing account from your old computer to your new one, restore all your data now.
6. Click Done. Your Nexetic Shield Backup client has now been successfully set up.
7. The first backup will take several hours or even a day since all your data is being up for the first time.
- How long your backup will take depends on the total size or your files and the speed of your internet connection.
- You can follow how the backup proceeds from Remaining time at the bottom of the window.
When doing the initial backup, leave your computer on also during the night.
If your internet gets disconnected, no worries. The backup will carry on as soon as your computer is reconnected to the Internet.
8. Open Shield from your Applications folder. On Dock, click the Nexetic Shield logo, choose Options and Open at login. If you don't do this and forget to open Shield manually, your data will not be backed up!!
You can also choose Keep in Dock.
9. Open Shield by clicking Nexetic Shield logo in Dock;
or by clicking Nexetic Shield logo in Toolbar.