If you need to install Nexetic Shield Backup Endpoint clients centrally, you can do a silent installation for Windows clients.
1) First, make sure that there are no other Nexetic versions on the users' computers at the time of installation. If any, they need to be uninstalled first.
2) Before you start the installation please also check the following:
- Firewall allows connections from the following programs:
C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Nexetic\NexetcShield.exe (backup software UI)
C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Nexetic\NXBackupService.exe (backup service)
C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Nexetic\NXUpdater.exe (updates automatically new Nexetic versions)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5 is required
3) Log in to Control Panel to check the account's license number. You can find it from Accounts -> License -> Number
4) It is usually recommended to check the data selection (exclusions) and other settings at this point, but you can also do it after the installation.
5) You can find the download link for MSI package here: https://shield.nexetic.com/installers/NexeticShieldInstaller.msi
You can install MSI package with e.g. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, or N-central by N-able. Use license number as a parameter, e.g. LICENSE=28ff4544-97ab-102e-8fc9-005056b36f48. In N-central you can use parameter “NexeticShieldInstaller.msi /i /qn LICENSE=licensenumber”.
MSI package can also be installed manually: Msiexec /i nexetic.msi LICENSE=license number
It is recommended to do the installation on a few computers first, and then proceed to install the rest of the computers.
6) Each user account will be created automatically, but in case of problems a notification in ProgramData\NXShield\Logs\logs.log file will appear.
7) The program will not automatically start on user's computer after automatic installation. User needs to log in to his/her computer, or start the program manually.