To add a new Account (=client company), go to the Accounts page and choose Add account.
ADDING CONTACT DETAILS
Fill in the requested fields on Information page and click Save.
ADDING LICENSE DATA
1) To add license data for a new account, move onto the License page
2) In Nexetic Endpoint Backup license settings you can define how many workstations or laptops need to be backed up, how much disk space is needed etc.
- Endpoints refers to the number of individual devices - workstations or laptops - that need to be backed up in the company. If a user has multiple devices (e.g. PC and Mac), a separate license is needed for each device.
- In Disk space menu you can choose how much disk space in average will be reserved for a single endpoint user. The options are 25 GB, 50 GB and Unlimited. Disk space is account (client company) specific and all users under the account are using a shared disk space.
- In Client limit you can define the disk space that can not be exceeded by a single end user. Default value 0 means that this setting is not in use and a single end user may exceed the average disk space that is reserved for him/her - as long as the Total space endpoints is not exceeded.
- Total space Endpoints you will see the total disk space reserved for the account (=Endpoints x Disk space per end user).
NEXETIC SHIELD SERVER BACKUP IS NOT AVAILABLE YET, SO FOR NOW YOU CAN SKIP THE SECTION 3) BELOW
3) At Nexetic Server Backup you can set the license settings for server users.
- Server: the number of servers in the company that need to be backed up
- Disk space you can choose how much disk space in average will be reserved for a single server user. The options are 100 GB, 250 GB, 500 GB, and 1 TB.
- Client limit you can define the disk space that can not be exceeded by a single server user. Default value 0 means that this setting is not in use, and a single server user may exceed the reserved average disk space, as long as the Total space servers is not exceeded.
- Total space Servers you will see the total disk space reserved for the servers (=Servers x Disk space per server).
4) There is no need to make any changes in the following fields.
- Created equals the date when account has been added to the system
- Valid to contains the date which the current license is valid until. By default the license is valid for one year after the purchase. Nexetic will automatically extend the license on a yearly basis.
- Type can be either Purchased or Trial. Vendors can add trial licenses with a validity of one month. Trials can be extended by the vendor for another month when needed (max 2 months in total).
5) Once you have finished with adding the license data, click Save.
CHECKING CLIENT SETTINGS
All Settings for Client Accounts have been copied over from the software vendor's settings (i.e. default settings).
NOTE: Account's default settings don't need to be changed unless there is a specific need to do so.
If needed, you can change any of these values.
1) Go to Settings and Endpoint Backup to define settings for endpoint users.
2) Under Backup timing type drop-down menu here are three options to choose from:
- Off - no backups are being made
- Continuous - data is being backed up automatically every few minutes (the recommended option)
- Daily - data will be backed up once a day. You can select time for the daily backup.
We recommend having continuous backups.
3) a) Default data selection: Exclusions approach
By default all files and folders on end users' computers will be backed up, except e.g. System and Program folders, and Windows folder. External drives are also excluded by default. In Exclusions view you can exclude additional folders and content / file types from the backup (compressed files, binaries etc). Click Change and select them from the drop-down menu.
3) b) Alternative approach: Include folders
If you prefer to choose the individual folder(s) you would like to back up, this is also possible. For example to back up Documents under C drive, do the following:
- In Exclusions, click the Change button
- First excluce C drive. Choose Exclude folders from the drop-down menu and type C:\ in the text box.
- If you have more drives such as D, you need to exclude them also.
- To exclude all internal drives, you can use notation <all_internal_drives>
- Next include Documents folder. Choose Include folders from the drop-down menu and type <Documents> in the text box. Alternatively you can also type the folder's complete path.
-> Now only Documents folder will be backed up from your C drive.
- Please note that only the following folder names can be identified with <> notation and can be used for either Include or Exclude:
4) Bandwidth selector allows you to choose the bandwidth that is allowed to be used by the backup service.
- The regular backups will take just a few minutes since only the changed data need to be backed up; also, because the technology adapted by Nexetic is making backup data very fast. For these reasons it is recommended to use Unlimited bandwidth as a default. If needed, the bandwidth can also be adjusted at any time.
5) Show alerts for end users setting allows you to choose whether you would like to alert end users in case of problems - such as failed files, disk space running out etc.
6) Access rights setting allows you to define whether end users have rights to change settings in their own client program.
- Full rights: End users can change all basic and advanced settings in their client program.
- Blocked: End users have no right to make any changes to the settings in their client program; only language selection is available.
7) Store deleted setting defines for how many days the files that were deleted from end users' computers will be saved among the backups. The default value is 30 days. It can be extended up to 360 days for users with Unlimited license type.
8) You can define whether hidden files need to be backed up by ticking the box Backup hidden files
9) If alerts have been switched on (see section Alerts), the system will send out email alerts for failed backups. By default backup can fail 5 times until an alert is sent out. The setting Alert from failed after refers to this.
10) By default, if more than 30 days have passed since the last backup, the program will send out an email alert. The preferred number of days can be defined in setting Remind to backup after.
11) In Log level you can choose either Low, General or Detailed. Often logging on General level is adequate.
12) After you have finished with adding / adjusting the client settings, remember to choose Save. The changes will come into effect only after you have saved them.
DEFINING ADVANCED SETTINGS
1) Alerts regarding the status of the backup service will be sent out whenever needed.
- (Alerts for Vendors are defined in Vendor section under the main navigation.)
- In account's Advanced tab you can define customer-level alerts to be sent out to the client company's admin person (if needed). Fill in the company's Support email in the field Organisation admin.
2) Should you wish to send alerts also to the end users, keep Do not send to end users as OFF. In case you choose ON, you also need to check whether the email alerts in vendor settings have been set on (Vendor information -> Alerts - Send email alerts: ON and Endpoint users - send to end users: ON).
3) In Settings the field Prefix for username has to do with centralized / silent installations. If you are using the manual email invitation procedure to add users, you can leave it empty.
If you would like to know more about the silent installations please contact your vendor or Nexetic Support team.
ADDING ADMIN USERS
In Admin users tab you can add new admin users or make changes to the existing ones.
To add new admin users, choose Create new, fill in the necessary fields and click Save.
To reset the password for existing admin users, choose the username from drop-down menu and click Reset password.
User rights levels:
- Account admin
- Full rights to add new admin and endpoint users for the account
- Full rights to change all account settings (license settings visible as read-only)
- Account support
- Viewing rights to all of the account information
- No rights to change any of the settings