To add license info for a new account, go to Accounts page and select the account either from the drop-down menu in the left upper corner of the page, or by clicking the account name in the Account list. Then move onto the License tab.
1) In Nexetic Endpoint Backup license settings you can define how many workstations or laptops need to be backed up, how much disk space is needed etc.
- Endpoints refers to the number of individual devices - workstations or laptops - that need to be backed up in the company. If a user has multiple devices (e.g. PC and Mac), a separate license is needed for each device.
- In Disk space menu you can choose how much disk space in average will be reserved for a single endpoint user. The options are 25 GB, 50 GB and Unlimited. Disk space is account (client company) specific and all users under the account are using a shared disk space. Hence all users within the same account (client company) need to have the same disk space option.
- In User limit you can define the disk space that can not be exceeded by a single end user. Default value 0 means that this setting is not in use and a single end user may exceed the average disk space that is reserved for him/her - as long as the Total space endpoints is not exceeded.
- Total space Endpoints you will see the total disk space reserved for the account (=Endpoints x Disk space per end user).
NEXETIC SHIELD SERVER BACKUP IS NOT AVAILABLE YET, SO FOR NOW PLEASE SKIP SECTION 2) BELOW
2) In Nexetic Server Backup license settings you can set the license settings for server users.
- Server: the number of servers in the company that need to be backed up
- Disk space you can choose how much disk space in average will be reserved for a single server user. The options are 100 GB, 250 GB, 500 GB, and 1 TB.
- Client limit you can define the disk space that can not be exceeded by a single server user. Default value 0 means that this setting is not in use, and a single server user may exceed the reserved average disk space, as long as the Total space servers is not exceeded.
- Total space Servers you will see the total disk space reserved for the servers (=Servers x Disk space per server).
3) There is no need to make any changes in the following fields.
- Created equals the date when account has been added to the system
- Valid to contains the date which the current license is valid until. By default the license is valid for one year after the purchase. Nexetic will automatically extend the validity of purchased licenses.
- Type can be either Purchased or Trial. Vendors can add trial licenses with a validity of one month. Trials can be extended by the vendor for another month when needed (max 2 months in total). When trial ends and customer would like to purchase the service, Type can just be changed from Trial to Purchased by the Vendor.
4) Once you have finished with adding the license data, click Save.